Re: [OM] [OT] Good News

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Good News
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 08:07:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Hi Chris,
>I googled the 1957 Huffy, because I didnt know what it was.
>I still havent figured out why its called convertible, tho...:)
>Best
>Boris
>

>>     I'm going to be looking through a large number of slides to see if
>> there's
>>one of me with my first bicycle.  It was a 1957 Huffy Convertible, and I last
>>rode it in 1973.  Just yesterday I got most of the restoration work done on a
>>1984 Huffy Concours Professional.

     I don't know how it acquired that model name either.  I did find one slide
taken in 1962 (while living in France) of me sitting on it.  It looks better
than I remembered it.  There's a button for a horn on the right side of the
tank.

     I'm making fine adjustments to the 1984 Concours, such as replacing the
black cable housing with red and building a set of wheels with low-flange hubs.
 I should have a photo or two before the weekend.  It rides very nicely, but I
can't help but think that putting "Huffy" on a Motobecane frameset would be
like putting "Yugo" on a Corvette.  From what little I've learned about it, it
came in one size, one colour, and for just one year, probably due to the rapid
decline in bike sales at the end of the "Golden Era" bike craze.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson