Re: [OM] [OT] Good News

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Good News
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 12:16:13 +0800
The "best" I mean is something easy accessable at reasonable cost and quality. The Epson V700 or V800 is available new and rather affordable especailly if you can get one from Japan. 9000ED may be better but already phase out. Talking about Nikon it always remind me about the flare problem, it is not perfect either. There is always better scanner available if you are willing to pay.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Hudson" <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>

CH .............. are you suggesting that scanning colour negatives with a flat bed scanner is preferable to using a dedicated film scanner? My Nikon Super Coolscan 900 ED has always done sterling service with 35mm b/w and colour, both negs and slides, and 6x7 m/f negatives and I have a difficult time believing that a flat bed scanner could do better.

jh