Re: [OM] [OT] Good News

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Good News
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 11:26:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Christa and I were married on June 11th 1995 in the gardens of a place that no
>longer exists at the hart of the scenic
>Main Street St. Charles, MO known for its French architecture and touristy
>shops. The wedding was perfect, I brought
>her in a horse carriage followed by a long procession of cars carrying the
>guest. Most of all, we had the perfect weather.
>
>Normally, Junes in Missouri are characterized by high temperatures and
>oppressive humidity. None of that was present and
>we had the perfect light for outdoor wedding as there was a slight overcast
>gently scattering the light.
>Our photographer was an older gentleman with a TLR. To our annoyance he was
>very good at what he did. Both of us are
>camera shy, but he knew what everyone would want to take away from this
>wedding and pushed his way through to deliver.
>My wife just got back from visiting her mother, the first time around since
>the passing away of my father-in-law on the
>day after Christmas. She brought the most special gift ever: Our wedding
>negatives. The photographer was not only alive,
>but he also remembered our wedding.
>I am working on a setup for scanning the negatives. My co-worker, the one that
>sits next to me, who also is one of the
>biggest Olympus fans, let me borrow his light table. The plan is to scan (aka
>utilize the 24mp of the A65), then use Gimp
>to make it positive. That would work, right? Or there is a better way.
>I am excited. I can also see couple of the pictures on our walls.

     Wow, that will bring back some memories.  Best of luck with the project.

     I'm going to be looking through a large number of slides to see if there's
one of me with my first bicycle.  It was a 1957 Huffy Convertible, and I last
rode it in 1973.  Just yesterday I got most of the restoration work done on a
1984 Huffy Concours Professional.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson