[OM] Any one know more on the Lightroom CC startup failure on Windows?

Subject: [OM] Any one know more on the Lightroom CC startup failure on Windows?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 14:22:35 -0400
I'm sure most of you know I don't use Lightroom but I get it anyhow in my CC package. A couple days ago Lightroom 6 CC got downloaded and installed... first time I'd ever noticed Lightroom CC coming in. This morning I tried to at least start it up and all it does is fail after attempting to create some new catalog structure. Failure must occur early since it tries the new catalog trick on every restart.

I saw posted here that you need to logout and then back into the CC desktop app. Took me a while to figure that one out since I don't ever recall logging into the CC app and never figured for anything like that to be persistent across reboots. Anyhow, finally figured that one out, did as suggested and then retried Lightroom. No change in Lightroom behavior at all. Nada.

Checking the Adobe website I see the same answer given there and many people agreeing it solved their problem. But some (like me) say no and on says worked at first and then the same problem returned.

I can't figure out how to use the Adobe help system and am not much inclined to do so for the sake of Lightroom. Anyone know any more secret incantations?

Chuck Norcutt