Re: [OM] OT: Fast Passenger Trains

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Fast Passenger Trains
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 16:45:40 +0100
What amazed me about the Shanghai airport link was how quickly they built
the infrastructure. The new rail runs predominantly above ground on
concrete pillars - more like sort of A-frames iirc.  But rather than build
the first one and then move the crew on to build the next one they just
threw labour at it and built them all at the same time. I reckon that 30km
line (which takes 8 minutes to travel) went up in a matter of weeks.