Re: [OM] "Cool" shot from today

Subject: Re: [OM] "Cool" shot from today
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 20:53:10 -0400
Ooo, thank so much Paul and thanks for looking and commenting Moose, Bob, Rick
and Jim.

I stalked her for  about an hour  with Marnie (before she froze) helping me
shlep gear.  I think I snuck  up to about 70 ft away or so before I spooked her
again. That was the last shot (and from the shortest distance) and almost none
of the remaining 40 shots were any good.  (wonder if I should  have tattled on
myself) I had her nicely isolated  at a larger aperture on a cool looking
branch, peering at me with wings about ready to go but I front focused a tad.
Arrgh
Don't look at  100% as the TC seems to cause a moderate amount of CA--cloned
out/ameliorated some. I think it would be  much easier with Fancy Fast AF, high
frame rates and really really nice fast  IS optics or at least a Wimberly
sidekick or clone.   Not really much of a birder, but got a heads up that one
was not too far.  Not sure how  MFT kits using CDAF does with BIF, but suspect
pretty good already and even better soon.

Perhaps better with B'flys, Mike

What a great shot! Love the expression. Nicely composed and everything.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Mike Gordon via olympus