Re: [OM] Calling Chris B

Subject: Re: [OM] Calling Chris B
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 12:10:49 +0100
Thanks, Paul and Chuck.

I think that I drew attention to a similar one, just before sunset.  This one
is from earlier in the day, but the sun was low enough to reduce the estuary to
shapes in near monochrome.

I think that we would all enjoy a visit to that area, both for the photography
and the scenery, but also because the locals are very friendly and make good
beer :-)

Oh, and there are sometimes low flying aircraft.  On our last visit to a
vantage point a couple of F15s, from RAF Lakenheath (a USAF base in East
Anglia, despite the ‘RAF’, for readers other than Chuck) floated across the
valley before piling on the power, ramping down to low level and zipping
through the little valley (between Cad East and Cad West – you could find them
with a little Google action).  I wasn’t quite at the brow of the hill so I
didn’t see them get through the V-shaped entrance to the valley, but I heard
the jet noise reverberating off the sides of the lower part of the valley.  The
second aircraft through made such a noise and after a pronounced dive at the
entrance I thought that he had hit the ground!

One of the chaps already up on the vantage point (Cad East) got a great shot
with his 5D and 300/2.8 combination, head on.

Chris