Re: [OM] Some more Fotos before Tina lets loose with her selection :-)

Subject: Re: [OM] Some more Fotos before Tina lets loose with her selection :-)
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:35:32 +0000
Thanks, Ian

I don’t suppose, until your last upload, that I realised that Llandudno could
be so picturesque.  I haven’t looked through them all yet, but the panorama
from Great Orme’s Head (I think that that’s the name) is rather good.  And I
like the one of the mud flats.  I’ll get through them all.

Some of the smaller views look a little unsharp; it’s only when you go to the
original that you see the proper sharpness for which that lens is famous.

And, just in case anyone on the List hasn’t heard the story, Llandudno was the
scene for one of my less clever stunts when I was a students pilot, flying from
RAF Valley.  A lady friend was staying with her parents at Dwygyfylchi, near
Penmaenmawr, southeast of Llandudno and I was night flying.  So I flew my Hawk
overhead, dipping low to get a better view (at night!) and remembered quite
late that there was a large hill quite close by when the night suddenly became
darker.

I’ve made many mistakes in my career, but that was one of the sillier ones.

Chris