Re: [OM] Battery question

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 13:46:59 -0800
On 2/13/2015 5:20 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Hmm. I don't remember getting a 12V adapter for the Progo charger but I did buy it and the batteries from Amazon. Checking the current ads at Amazon I see all the offers come with the 12V cord. Checking both the Progo charger (and similar no-name Samsung) I see both have a plug socket for the 12v cord.

All but one of the four or so similar chargers I have came with one. The cords
are all interchangeable.

Maybe I've left it in the car (where it needs to be) or just forgotten about it in the several boxes that have numerous cords. My Chrysler T&C does have a 120v outlet but I don't think the batteries would stay in either of the chargers while the car was in motion unless held in with rubber bands or such. Perhaps I need to put some rubber bands in the car. :-)

For me, the issue is battery drain. If one decides to stay more than one night in a place with no power connection, as we often do, making the RV batteries last without having to drive around or run the generator, with all the attendant noise, requires some attention to power usage. The RV has a built-in inverter, but for recharging small electronics, I have used a lower power one that uses less power. Now I don't need that for anything but my netbook+, which doesn't get used much and needs recharging infrequently - especially with its new battery.

Batteries Not In Moosed