Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 31/1/2015: the human face of the crisis

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 31/1/2015: the human face of the crisis
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 11:10:43 -0800
On 2/1/2015 1:44 PM, ChrisB wrote:
I don’t know, Moose, but my point is that bankers have little currency in my
world.

Oh Lordy, don't leave an opening like that!

Q: Why do bankers these days have little currency?
A: Because everyone uses plastic!

British bankers might not be as bad as the mafia, but I have little trust in
their side of the story.

Eh. I've never personally had any significant trouble with any of them*. OTOH, I am not foolish (not always, at least. ;-) ) When my broker suggested that I refinance when rates dropped a lot, It quickly became clear that the real estate lending unit they had created was full of unknowledgeable fools, new hires, I suspect. I simply went elsewhere.

OTOH, when rates continued down, seemed to (and had) bottomed, I re-fied to a lower rate with my then existing lender in a cheap and entirely professionally handled transaction. They even sent a notary to my home for my signatures.

I've also dealt a little with big banks about large (huge to me) sums, here and in Mexico. Seemed to me they were staffed with ordinary folk, with all the weaknesses, strengths, foibles, occasional venality, and so on, of people everywhere. Struck me overall as no better or worse than people working in other large businesses. More trustworthy than politicians.

Money, Money, Money Moose

* Speaking of British banks, Barclay's credit card issuing bunch did irritate me, weaseling out of part of a ridiculously generous come on offer.