Re: [OM] IMG: Seahawks lights

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Seahawks lights
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 13:03:13 -0600
> Still, history will view it as a bad call because history, in sports, is
> mostly written by idiots.

I'm rarely a Superbowl fan. Probably the last time I got excited about
it was when Da Bears won. I enjoyed the Joe Montana era, but otherwise
can't really get wound up watching it. But this time, I actually felt
like cheering for Seattle. Deflategate just reinforced to me what I
felt in my heart about the Patriots. I thought that SNL absolutely
nailed it and their portrayal of "not My Pay Grade" Tom Brady was
pretty much dead on.

I would suggest that this was one of the most entertaining Superbowls
I've ever seen. At no point was the outcome a forgone conclusion. Even
the final (non)play was intense. Both sides made incredible mistakes,
but also equally incredible saves. While it could be said that the
better TEAM lost, the better QB won. But barely.

I wouldn't even call Seattle's last play a "mistake". It was really a
situation where the defensive player just happened to have done his
job perfectly at that moment. He had a terrific night, all night.

But the best part was certainly the halftime show... "Roaaaar"

AG