Re: [OM] Gallery in Progress

Subject: Re: [OM] Gallery in Progress
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 21:07:37 -0800
On 1/22/2015 5:38 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
With the little ZS40 it appears you can easily do closeups of folks at about 150 feet distance at 720mm equivalent focus.

That may be about right; I wasn't measuring distances. You may be able to tell that almost all the pool and beach shots were taken from my chaise lounge. :-) There is cropping in many, which may make them appear closer/longer than they were.

It seems to be just what one might want for a casual vacation camera. The files are large and Raw makes many thing possible that aren't in otherwise similar cameras. Amazingly good in good light. Already starting to fall apart at ISO 400, but for web size images only, one may go up a step more.

Seems to be an ultimate stealth camera. No one seemed to pay any attention to
me and it.

Excellent photos.

Thank you!