Re: [OM] OT: Recent debate on crop v FF - Chuck

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Recent debate on crop v FF - Chuck
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 09:56:27 -0600
Having bent to the point of tensile strength failure, I've punished
pixels way beyond the point of reasonable expectation. As a result,
I've got my own criteria for comparison.

What I would like to see is a comparative set of test images with the
exposure FOUR stops over and FOUR stops under plus the normal
exposure.

What I would do is then push and pull those two extreme exposures to
see what is there and how bendable those images are.

Nonsense you say? Well, not really. We do a lot of image manipulation
which is the equivalent to four stops of pounding. Some camera files
are bendable, others are too brittle. But if you only look at
correctly exposed images with minimal manipulation, the lesser file
can look superior.

AG