Re: [OM] OT: The Evil of Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: The Evil of Computers
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 17:20:20 +0100
<<
I tried repeatedly to install essential engineering CAD/CAE software on
Win7 with no success.  It won't even allow me to install MicroSim8, which
is an absolute must for me as it is my analogue network analysis software.
 I was able to install AutoCAD 2000, but it blows up.  Same with
Pagemaker6.5.  That brings my engineering design and writing to a complete
halt.

As I said, what works in WinXP can be installed under Win7 in the WinXP
mode, you just need to have Win7 Pro (*).
Besides that, sticking with old software is not a good idea IMHO, there
should be plenty of new, free, more efficient and powerful software that
can replace what you seems to consider essential. Come on, using in 2015 a
software from 1996? (Pagemaker) (**)

Your continuing problems will be only worse as time passes - nobody here
has your same problems, so it is not pleasant hearing you blaming evilbuy
and the likes and the underneath reason is only your lazyness in upgrading
and learning new equivalent tools. After all the innovation goes on and
you can't think that companies continue to support old operating systems
only for your delight. Think of it, without innovation you wouldn't have
had all the software you are using now.

Ralf

(*) I paid the big sum of 21? for a regular copy of it, installed and
registered without any problem
(**) Have you searched for free software that is functional equivalent to
what you are using?