Re: [OM] OT: The Evil of Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: The Evil of Computers
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 09:45:25 +0100
Chris,
what is scary is you surfing with an ancient, no more supported, full of
security holes operating system. Sooner or
later you will catch something unpleasant, if you haven't already.

I was able to have running some very old programs like Mathcad Explorer 8
on Win7, through clever installation or setting appropriate compatibily
mode. The only program I wasn't able to install natively on Win7 was
installed on
WinXP mode under Win7 (feature offered by Win7 Pro).

You should try to move all your programs on Win7, either by re-installing
or replacing them, I'm sure you'll find
some new freeware stuff that will suit you. Keep in mind that you won't be
able to install a new laptop with an old
OS, so when your current laptop will die you're toast. In the end you'll
save time.

Ralf