Re: [OM] Fuji X100T

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji X100T
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 08:28:47 -0500
F8 is a good choice for that camera but is already very slightly into diffraction territory for a 16MP APS-C sensor. At f/22 (the next photo) an APS-C sensor is limited to 2MP resolution... way, way into diffraction territory.

I suspect the f/20-22 shots may be the reason for the dust spots being visible. Moose commented on the problems of keeping his Canon sensors clean. My own experience with my 5D is that I almost never tried to get the sensor clean enough that dust didn't show at f/16. Since the 5D enters diffraction territory at f/16 I usually kept my shots (mostly landscape) shots at f/11. I could clean the sensor fairly easily such that it didn't show dust at f/11. However, moving to f/16 or smaller would easily show dust that was not visible at f/11.

Chuck Norcutt