Re: [OM] Fuji X100T

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji X100T
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:00:32 -0800
On 1/14/2015 10:37 AM, SwissPace wrote:
BTW I think the dust spots are snow flakes

Sure looks like a dirty sensor, not at all like snow.

Exposure settings seem odd, 1/350 @ f20, ISO 3200.

At 55 mm, you shouldn't need 1/350, and f20 is a sure way to find any dust on the sensor showing up as dark little round artifacts. Even for a dark day, the histogram looks a bit low, hardly hitting the middle.

F20 is well into diffraction blurring of detail for APS-C, although it certainly seems to have achieved the look of great DoF at this display size.

Something like 1/125, f11, ISO 800 would seem to me to be more suitable. F16
might still show up sensor dust/dirt.

Perhaps in the course of repair, the service people will clean your sensor. Or
perhaps it's not to late to add that?

Reminds me of one reason I like µ4/3. I had regular instances of sensor spots and had to spend some effort to keep my Canon sensors clean, while I've only had to remove one big, stubborn bit from a µ4/3 sensor.

Spot Less Moose