Re: [OM] Have E-M5 and E-M1 users noticed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Have E-M5 and E-M1 users noticed...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:53:35 -0800
On 12/29/2014 7:06 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
When looking through the E-M1 manual this morning I noticed that it has an undefined "Low" ISO setting and also has two in-camera HDR modes.

Although the E-M5 manual says nothing about "Low" ISO I discovered that my camera allows such a setting.

Yes, I noticed. No, I've not used it.

On the Canons, it had reduced DR, as I recall. I've assumed that regular base ISO was set/chosen for optimal IQ and Low was only added with some compromise as a sort of NR filter substitute.

As I don't use flash for daylight fill and almost never am trying to make DoF
shallower, I've not had call to use it.

As to the in-camera HDR, I suppose you might be aware that I'm of the opinion that HDR is WAY overused as a substitute for proper exposure and processing and/or to get special effects just as easily achieved with other processing. Not that it doesn't do thing that may be interesting, but that I'm seldom interested in them.

Oly keeps adding to their array of Scene modes, as well, which also don't
capture my interest.

Dr No Flash