Re: [OM] Have E-M5 and E-M1 users noticed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Have E-M5 and E-M1 users noticed...
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 18:01:40 +0000 (UTC)
My M1 came with that setting (last Dec), but have never used it, or the hdr.

----- Original Message -----From: Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus mail list
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 15:06:12 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
[OM] Have E-M5 and E-M1 users noticed...

When looking through the E-M1 manual this morning I noticed that it has an
undefined "Low" ISO setting and also has two in-camera HDR modes.

Although the E-M5 manual says nothing about "Low" ISO I discovered that my
camera allows such a setting. I assume that this must have arrived with one of
the firmware upgrades to the camera but I don't recall it ever having been
mentioned. Since even the E-M1 manual says nothing about the setting I had to
assume it means 1/2 of the lowest normal setting as it does on the Canon 5D.
The 5D's lowest normal setting is ISO 100 and the low setting takes it to 50. I
assume that the E-M1 and E-M5 have an ISO of 100 when set to "Low" and my meter
readings verify that. Good news for fill flash shooters competing with the sun
for the ambient exposure. Also, as I've noted before with respect to daylight
fill flash my own E-M5 will sync at 1/320 vs the stated limit of 1/250. The
E-M1 manual says it will do 1/320 with the "built-in" flash but only 1/250 with
an external flash.

Chuck Norcutt--