[OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations - Chuck comments on exit pupil d

Subject: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations - Chuck comments on exit pupil diameter
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 14:27:16 -0500
Thanks flutteringby Moose and Chuck. Yes the Pentax website says +/- 2 diopters for the 8X25's. I really don't know enough about these items. I don't know if that is the correction between left and right or the overall correction. I suspect 6ft is often close enough as any closer I will have my flutterby macro kit at the ready. The -2 could be an issue. Looking into this a bit more I see NABA (North Am b'fly Assoc) has a page on b'fly binoculars but they are not as gear savvy as here. Have a presentation at the Pituitary Soc meeting followed by another meeting in San Diego in March and I see Marnie bought a flt to SF as well as hers to SF, so perhaps can try Moose's again if all works out.

Hovering over a couple choices but unable to land yet, Mike

CN writes:

No markings on diopter correction eyepiece. Maybe Pentax site has
specs.

Oh, forgot to ask about diopter corrections. It seems one adjusts
this
so each eye is sharp but what if say Marnie uses w/o contacts and has
-4 or -5 correction.
It would seem one might be able to focus closer but infinity focus
might
be an issue unless it allows one to focus well past it for those with
0
correction required.

Mike