Re: [OM] New toy on the way

Subject: Re: [OM] New toy on the way
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 14:24:34 -0800
On 12/21/2014 1:23 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Very good news on all counts. Unfortunately, I haven't used my own 70-300 yet beyond installing the new hood and pinch style cap and mounting it on the camera.

Don't feel bad. I have a new waterproof camera that has so far only taken a couple of selfies (Hey, the LCD flips all the way up!) Too wet and gloomy to take it out. :-) But really, it was bought for sun and water fun stuff.

No complaints. We are finally getting a rainy winter which should end our
drought.

Hey! That was neat. No sooner do I type that than I see some brightness at the window, as the sun makes a couple of brief, somewhat subdued, appearances. Now I have six pics taken with it. Pretty seedy at 100%, but nice at screen sizes.

Should be nicer at lower ISOs on brighter days. And it's still true that the camera you have with you on the kayak or in the water takes better pics than the one on shore. And, it zooms! Which a phone in waterproof bag doesn't :-)

Rainy Day Moose

Still too busy doing new house stuff. It seems never ending. I think we've filled the back end of the Chrysler van about 6 times with cardboard boxes to take to the recycle center. But it still looks like we haven't done anything. :-)

Chuck Norcutt