Re: [OM] Fwd: [Leica] OT: Not a Leica user

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: [Leica] OT: Not a Leica user
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 08:53:33 +1100
> On 22 Dec 2014, at 8:42 am, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Was she always a film camera user or did she go digital in her later life ?

"I'm not very particular about equipment: I use Olympus OM1s and have about a
dozen, all purchased secondhand more than 40 years ago, and while I have many
lenses, I really only use either an 85mm or 50mm one now. In the same way, I'm
not all that particular about film or paper.... Rather than use a light meter,
I have a setting I like - 1/60sec at f/2.8 - and usually make the picture work
around this... I think I timed it perfectly, really: at the Guildford School of
Art I learnt how to prepare glass-plate negatives. Now, film is almost
obsolete. I could no more contemplate using a digital camera than travel to the
moon."

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2007/oct/27/photography.photographyfeatures31
 (via The Online Photographer (comments))

Cheers,
Marc