Re: [OM] Sporadic gallery update - Some Fireworks

Subject: Re: [OM] Sporadic gallery update - Some Fireworks
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 13:39:01 +0000
On 10 December 2014 at 20:39, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/10/2014 6:15 AM, Ian Nichols wrote:
>
>> This year marks the 150th anniversary of the completion of Clifton
>> Suspension Bridge, and to mark the occasion there was a firework display
>> launched from the bridge itself on Sunday.  I got there early with E-3,
>> 14-54, tripod and remote release to get some pictures.
>>
>> A couple of good ones, I think (shame about that streetlight).
>>

> More than a couple! Lots of good ones. I quite enjoyed them.
>
>  ...  Oh, and I must remember to use my fastest CF card too
>> - the writing delay got a bit frustrating (raw & HQ JPEG).  ISO 100, f/8
>> and about 3 seconds exposure.
>>

> Writing delay alone? Or long exposure noise reduction, which adds the
> original exposure time again?
>
> Flashy Moose

Probably that as well - I checked and noise reduction was on.  Hmm, maybe
try turning that off too next time and do all the NR in post.  Anyway, it
seemed to take forever for the card writing to finish whilst the (fairly
short) display was still going on apace and uncaptured.

Ian

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer