Re: [OM] The lenses are here...

Subject: Re: [OM] The lenses are here...
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 09:28:27 -0600
On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> >> Good luck! Moving house is a major undertaking.
> >>

> >We've done it every 5-10 years for the 50 years we've been married.
> >We've decided this is the last one.  We're getting too old for this.  :-)
> >

>      I moved repeatedly as an army brat, and after my USAF stint and
> graduate school I moved to Arizona and dropped anchor.  I thoroughly
> enjoyed most of the places I lived, but it's nice to have a permanent
> home.  Been living in the same place now for over 30 years.

I'm not fond of moving, either. We moved a couple of times when I was a kid
- from the first starter house on the South side of Chicago where I was
born, to the larger house several blocks to the North where my brother was
born. Then we moved out to the suburbs when it looked like the neighborhood
was getting dangerous. 2 years there, and we moved to the farm in Southern
Illinois where I lived until I graduated from college. First apartment was
shared with some guys who liked to party with their friends too much for a
guy with firearms and fairly expensive electronics. Lived in second
apartment for a couple years until I met Sheri. She had built the condo, so
I just moved in when we got married and I've been there since 1986. The one
thing I miss is having the space and the ability to put up an antenna tower
and to experiment with wire antennas. But I don't miss mowing and outside
maintenance.
--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie