Re: [OM] OM 180mm F2.8 opinions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 180mm F2.8 opinions
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 18:04:12 -0500
At the risk of heresy may I suggest the Cosina Voigtländer SL APO-Lanthar 180mm f/4 SL which is available in OM mount. One can put it in a pocket and is tack sharp wide open with essentially no discernible CA. It excels at medium and close distances (Very good, but less impressive at infinity) and natively goes to 1:4. I love to use it for critters on a bit of extension to keep a large working distance. Only thing in that FL range more compact is the Zuiko 200/5 which seems to be a bit tough to find in MC variety though I haven';t looked in awhile. Oh, the bokeh on the CV is super at many background distances (not all). Did I say it is small?

http://www.photozone.de/reviews/264-voigtlander-sl-180mm-f4-apo-lanthar-test-reportreview

One example form my gallery---

http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2014/35815144_mTn4JH#!i=3623577278&k=6qNdQxG&lb=1&s=L

Mike