Re: [OM] Where to sell was Re: Images sold!

Subject: Re: [OM] Where to sell was Re: Images sold!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:25:58 -0600
> Well, my Autumn shots (4 of them) were rejected for “Soft or lacking
> definition”.  Sigh!

It's a catch-22 situation. They tell you to not use any sharpening,
but if you don't add sharpening, you'll get dinged for this. Why?
Because everybody else DOES sharpen. The key to survival, that I've
found, is to sharpen to give pixel clarity, but with absolutely NO
halos. If you have any halos of any sort, you should be pounded into
dust. When in doubt, I sharpen to the point where I just barely see an
artifact and back it off a bit. It's better to be on the soft side of
sharp than have artifacts. If you have halos or sharpening artifacts,
you will be put on their sh** list forever.

AG