Re: [OM] Scotland 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] Scotland 2014
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 13:32:36 -0800
Re: the album software, I had zero pop-ups while looking through it, and I
went photo-to-photo through the entirety. Browser was the latest Google
Chrome on an Asus Chromebook, but I've got both Ad Block Plus and Ghostery
running, so perhaps they're the reason. I did note that pressing the "up"
arrow when at the main portion of the album, one is returned to a text list
of the parent directory. I do not know if this is intentional or not, but
would caution that if not intentional, it could pose a security risk for
your web site.
Thanks for the comments Scott. I unchecked an overlooked box in the 'settings' window which should have disabled the pop-ups so that hopefully is cured.

Please explain why the simple list would be any more of a risk than an html web page? It's all part of /Pub_HTML/. Complete noob here but anyone with ftp software or any web crawler is free to poke around right? FWIW I wouldn't know how to change the "up" button on just the first page. Nothing embarissing to see there anyway.

I set the photos to automatically resize which works (a bit slowly) on my ASUS win8 tablet and on laptops but I can't figure out how to get it to right click and open full-sized. Some of the panos have a lot of detail for those who might be interested. Perhaps I'll have to disable the clickable on-photo navigation. OK I did it. Now you'll have to use the buttons for fore and aft navigation. Is that too inconvenient?

Mike