[OM] Hershey, PA butterfly house

Subject: [OM] Hershey, PA butterfly house
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 20:13:24 -0500
One may see flutterbys from anywhere in the world in exhibits these
days.

There are a few New World rain forest species near the bottom of this
gallery. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14927>

The open Morpho is perhaps interesting. After landing and crawling
around on Carol's pants, it flew away to land in a tree, where a leaf
blocked its >>middle. I took two shots at different angles and put bits
together to form one image.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=15033>

Thanks for fluttering by, Moose. Those are nice. I recall an excellent b'fly aviary in SF. There is one not too far from me and perhaps I should make an effort to get there. I had shot a few with OM gear at one in Niagara Falls Ontario--seems to be run by the School of Horticulture and is a very good one. Here is one shot with OM gear:

http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Kite-NF-2007-Bfly/32337987_ZDvqhf#!i=2814756806&k=VM4422Q&lb=1&s=L

Longwings are generally graceful/slow flyers and forgiving of
photogs. I have read they are on the intelligent side and have a social
order while roosting with  the elders getting prime spots. Seems odd to
me.

Mike