Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 6/11/2014: two Copenhagen shopkeepers

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 6/11/2014: two Copenhagen shopkeepers
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 16:44:56 -0500
We had a similar experience traveling through France with our first two
kids.  We were there for Cathy's 3rd birthday and we let her pick her own
cake from a French bakery.  The baker kept trying to tell us something, but
we spoke no French.  It turned out to be a rum cake and we all got the
silly giggles.  Pleasant memory, though!

The sausages look wonderful!

Tina

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> then
> Copenhagen’s
> the
> around,
> >>

>       When we first arrived in Paris at the Gare du Nord in 1960, I was
> amazed at my first experience with French food.  A hotdog vendor outisde
> the station took a piece of baguette and jammed it on a spike.  He then
> asked what you wanted on it.  He removed the piece of baguette, spooned the
> condiments into the hole, then slid the sausage into it.  I was amazed!  A
> hotdog that would not fall apart in your hands.
>
>      Immdeiately after that I had another amazing experience with French
> culture:  A ride in a Citroen DS19 taxi.  Just one arm on the steering
> wheel, and no sense of road bumps.
>
>      A week later I had my first Petits Fours.  We didn't understand that
> the rum sauce inside was real rum, so I ended up being drunk for the first
> time at the age of nine.
>

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com