Re: [OM] Americans beat Belgian brewers in Brussels (but Brits win best

Subject: Re: [OM] Americans beat Belgian brewers in Brussels (but Brits win best beer)
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 18:51:52 +0100
Very interesting but not surprising. I have been thinking about beer the past
couple of days, precisely the ranking of countries. My personal ranking is
still Belgium as no. 1, but the US is a very close second. The amount of
innovation and variety in US brewing is astonishing.

I am blessed with a good beer shop in Elche, exactly 25 km from my office
(quick drive on a motorway) with a good selection of beers from the above
mentioned two countries.

What also surprised me in the article, BTW, was that 111 Italian beers were
entered in the competition. I actually put Italy in the same category as Malta,
i.e. as a country one does not associate with beer. I have tried one good
Italian beer but that was in the north, with strong German insfluence.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain