Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:07:20 -0700
But I think what he doesn't understand is that the marked zone is definitely
not arbitrary.
It is arbitrary in the sense that before even beginning to talk about hyperfocal one has to define what's sharp enough to to fit within the ticks on the dial. Improvements in the technology have made it necessary to consider tightening up that arbitrarily defined spread. I consider it confining to think of it in "binary" terms. (Thank you Piers)

I'm not demeaning "hyperfocal". Of course some may consider it to be a useful tool still. Especially if they were rethink the original starting point.

Mike