Re: [OM] OT: System Security Announcement on evilBay

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: System Security Announcement on evilBay
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 23:17:53 -0500
On 10/17/14 22:29 : , Moose wrote:
On 10/17/2014 7:47 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
However, eBay shut down the sniping services that I used a long time ago like eSnipe to prevent such tactics.

Well, that's news to me. I haven't set a snipe for maybe a few weeks - ah, mid August. The service I use was still working then. (I won, the scanner didn't work, the seller refunded everything without a word. Think he knew it didn't work and was taking a flyer?)

Huh. What service do you use? I had used three different ones in succession a number of years back, each one to my benefit, until ebay shut down the method of logging in that they employed to, from what we were told, prevent people from using sniping services.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach