Re: [OM] OT: System Security Announcement on evilBay

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: System Security Announcement on evilBay
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 19:43:48 -0700
On 10/17/2014 6:21 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      Here's an interesting announcement from eBay:

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/10/to-make-shopping-even-safer-for-you-ebay-is-restricting-site-access-through-older-versions-of-web-browsers/

      Maybe this will explain why the ending time of the auctions only shows
the hour and minute since Thursday.  It may also be an anti-sniper move.

HUH?

The more things sell for, the more eBay makes. Why would they want to
discourage last moment snipers and hold down prices?

When I first went on the 'Bay, oh so many years ago, that was a mistake I made, sitting around at the last minute to see if any outbid me, then get in a last moment higher bid. Wasted some money in the heat of the moment.

I soon learned to determine the most I was willing to pay far ahead of time, set an automatic snipe and wait to see what happened.

No Bidding Fool Moose