[OM] They Don't Last Forever

Subject: [OM] They Don't Last Forever
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 12:05:32 -0500
Last evening, we said goodbye to a faithful piece of computer gear. A 1998 Sony Trinitron monitor, which was serving my wife's game machine, suddenly went black. Quick checking showed the problem to be in the monitor.

Fortunately, I had a spare, a 2000 Trinitron, in a box in a closet. The problem is fixed for now, but I am looking at small flat screen monitors. One requirement is that brightness and contrast must be reasonably easy to adjust, because the old DOS games vary in output. The Lenovo L1711 P seems to be a candidate.

Anyone had any experience with recent Lenovo products?

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA