Re: [OM] Recommended USB 3.0 multi-card reader

Subject: Re: [OM] Recommended USB 3.0 multi-card reader
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:50:46 -0400
My first (and only) use so far of the multi-card reader was downloading 2.7GB from a SanDisk 16GB card rated at 30MB/sec. No pauses at all, it just ripped right through it while clocking 30-38MB/sec. But I was using Downloader Pro, not PIE. I'd try it with different software or just do a straight Windows copy to the hard drive to see if the bad behavior persists. However, if PIE works OK on large amounts of data with the small SD reader it would tend to point back to the larger one. Is it possible you had something else running that was hitting the same drive and interfering with PIE's access?

As to the change from BlackX to the USB 3.0 drive dock there's nothing wrong with the BlackXs (I have 2 of them). It's just that my latest HP machine has native USB 3.0. I had taken the eSATA card out of my older XP machine and put it into the HP box because I had no USB 3.0 drive dock. But the old XP machine has been converted to Win7 for my wife so she can have a desktop as well as our shared laptop. That required putting the eSATA card back into that machine for backup and the new Ineo USB 3.0 drive dock was bought for the HP machine.

Chuck Norcutt