Re: [OM] A7 adapter arrived. First impressions.

Subject: Re: [OM] A7 adapter arrived. First impressions.
From: Hughes <hi100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 03:29:16 -0700
The outgassing from plasticizers in  flexible PVC car seats, is likely very
different from the more rigid plastics used in a camera.

Although the PVC insulated wires on circuit boards,could also outgas a tiny
amount?
The PVC plasticizers are almost always  Phthalates, for cost reasons,so if you
test people who live in a modern society , they will all test positive for
Phthalates, as a result of breathing in the vapours!
In medical products, the EU has been trying to ban more noxious plasticizers
and PVC for years, trying to move people away from PVC/phthalates.  So
catheters in europe, sometimes are polyurethane rather than PVC based,for
example. The US manufacturers have been resisting efforts to move in that
direction!

Tim Hughes