Re: [OM] Surprise!

Subject: Re: [OM] Surprise!
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:28:39 -0700
It certainly pleases the retired people on the list,
but the cameras have arguably become too small, too light and too
compact for many professionals and serious photographers.
Please! Only a decrepit geezer (sorry listeros ;) ) could appreciate a quality lightweight camera system? Give me a break!

I appreciated the EM5 + 12-50 as I was sweating my way up to Lake Ann yesterday in 80+ temps over white granite. The EMx are popular with like minded active people of all ages. Didn't see but one "whale" more than a few meters from the parking lot. Most were hanging out at Picture Lake (google it) on tripods. Thanks Olympus for filling an albeit small niche.
but Sony is selling a whole lot of cameras and they've not played the
size/weight game.
That A7 I saw yesterday sure looked sweet and nearly the same size as my EM5. Lens was much bigger though. Sure would be nice to hang my little 18mm on it. Unfortunately the owner did not speak English nor I Chinese.

Mike