Re: [OM] first Images with OM-Fuji Speedbooster - plus fuji 56/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] first Images with OM-Fuji Speedbooster - plus fuji 56/1.2
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 09:21:42 +0200
It does seem so Mike ;-), have you noticed the XT-1 Graphite Silver Edition with - 1/32000 electronic shutter so you can shoot wide open more often. I hope that is possible as a firmware update to the black XT-1.

I am slightly disappointed about the speedbooster upgrade as it was only "for a few dollars more", the new APD lens looks like it sacrifices AF for bokeh and I think the bokeh is fine on my version and as for the Graphite Silver Edition - Hmm that's life I suppose.

No plans to buy anything else for a while now though although the XF50-140/2.8 looks nice, I was lacking a long tele but the 500/8 with speedbooster is very light and compact and will do for now.

IanW - who needs to concentrate more on photos with existing equipment than look for new stuff. The speedbooster has opened up a whole new range of lenses to play with and the best thing is most of them are OMs