Re: [OM] Vivian Maier's work continues to hit the headlines, unfortunate

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivian Maier's work continues to hit the headlines, unfortunately this time
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 01:36:58 +1200

Ken wrote about Vivian maier ... as did Scott

/////////

Hitting
two birds with one stone - so to speak

To respond to Ken I repeat what
I wrote in another medium;

 <Well K [1]en, I don't quite agree. As you
know, I'm no street photographer. (No streets here, to speak of !! ) I
think she is right up there with Diane Arbus and some of Jay Maisel's
work as well as several NZ noted photographers you probably have never
heard of. Also some of Jane Bown's work.?
 ///////////

His research
led to Mr Baille, who Mr Deal believes is a closer relative
than Mr
Jaussaud. Mr Baille?s lawyer said: ?You can imagine what it?s like
get a telephone call about someone who died that he never knew?
[and]
this precious legacy.?"

Reads more like this Deal guy found a way
to insinuate himself into the
situation and make himself some $$$, as a
search for relatives had already
been done.
////////
I think you are on
to it Scott, and I hope and wish that John Maloof is able to send the
Deal guy into the dust-bins of obscurity.
Brian

Links:
------
[1]