Re: [OM] Vivian Maier's work continues to hit the headlines, unfortunate

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivian Maier's work continues to hit the headlines, unfortunately this time
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:21:01 -0700
"Relatives Fight..." uh... no. At least not as the story reads at the link.

"Mr Deal said he was unhappy that the photographs should be sold by people
unconnected with Ms Maier and had decided to track down her nearest
relative. “As a photographer and an attorney, the situation bothered me, so
I decided to do some research on it,” he told The New York Times.

His research led to Mr Baille, who Mr Deal believes is a closer relative
than Mr Jaussaud. Mr Baille’s lawyer said: “You can imagine what it’s like
to get a telephone call about someone who died that he never knew… [and]
this precious legacy.”"

Reads more like this Deal guy found a way to insinuate himself into the
situation and make himself some $$$, as a search for relatives had already
been done.