Re: [OM] Old 75-150 or 60-120mm on m43?

Subject: Re: [OM] Old 75-150 or 60-120mm on m43?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 22:23:38 -0400
On 9/6/2014 11:05 AM, Bob Benson wrote:
Chuck said:

I'm not one who underestimates the m.Zuiko 14-150.  It's my standard
walk-around lens.  In all my years of shooting film or even digital on
my Canon 5D I've never regularly carried a lens of more than 200mm
because of size and weight.  It's wonderful to have 28-300 equivalent in
a single, very small and lightweight lens.  That said, I do love my
12-50 and it's "macro" capability.

I carried a Tamron 28-300 around on the 5D for years. 14-150 on an E-M5 is a
whole different thing. :-)

I recently got interested in ...

Long story short, the 14-150 really showed well.  Not quite as sharp as the
75 prime . but very impressive, had to work to see any difference.

Like Chuck, I now use it as the walk-around,  and have had the opportunity
to make up to 30x40 prints with very good results.

Thanks for the info. I've used mine very little lately, but not because it's not an excellent lens. I've been carrying two bodies, one with 12-50, the other with 75-300, so I don't spend much time changing lenses for a very wide range of focal lengths and macro.

Moose