Re: [OM] Old 75-150 or 60-120mm on m43?

Subject: Re: [OM] Old 75-150 or 60-120mm on m43?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 21:12:58 -0400
When I said I used the Kiron 70-150/4 on the E-M5 for the first time yesterday it was shot in the house at a box inside a closet at f/4 and ISO 6400. The shot looks pretty good after passing through Camera Raw's noise reduction... better than ISO 3200 on the Canon 5D. What I've discovered is that I rarely need shallow depth of field these days. In fact, quite the opposite when shooting very near or very far. If I really need shallow depth of field I'll go grab the 5D. It has such little value now that it doesn't make any sense to part with it.

I'm not one who underestimates the m.Zuiko 14-150. It's my standard walk-around lens. In all my years of shooting film or even digital on my Canon 5D I've never regularly carried a lens of more than 200mm because of size and weight. It's wonderful to have 28-300 equivalent in a single, very small and lightweight lens. That said, I do love my 12-50 and it's "macro" capability.

Chuck Norcutt