Re: [OM] Card Readers

Subject: Re: [OM] Card Readers
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 09:27:59 -0700
I have several card readers but seldom need them. None have failed. I mainly use the one I installed in the desktop but also occasionally use the one I found complete with cable along the road while out walking the dog. I assume that someone was unhappy with it but I plug it in and it works every time. For the cameras I just use the usb cord. Easy, light weight and works in any usb port. Nothing to fail. Plugging/unplugging the card seems like the weak point in the process and I avoid that entirely. The main use of the card reader is for my gps which is extremely slow so I just pull the card and upload the files drag and drop. The time difference uploading photos via usb cable or pulling the card is insignificant. On the road as backup I can always pull the card and use the built-in mini card slot on the tablet. Most of my SD cards are the tiny ones anyway.

Mike