Re: [OM] Broken mac was Re: Somewhat OT: Computer Clock Management

Subject: Re: [OM] Broken mac was Re: Somewhat OT: Computer Clock Management
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:32:13 -0400
Sounds good.  Not all that's new is better.

Chuck Norcutt

On 8/19/2014 1:22 PM, SwissPace wrote:
In case anyone is interested My Mac got worse so after a fling with the
idea of geting a shiny new top of the range one, I opted to get mine
repaired for half the price of a new one (£1000 Chris)  and yes it hurt!
but at least it was quick, it needed a new logic board so it got a
slightly newer one so hopefully it will last a couple more years, I am
just not ready to give up the 17"  1920x1200  matt display for a glossy
one plus there is no way to upgrade the new ones. The repair guy said he
was doing good business even at that price, it seems I am not alone in
wanting to keep such a display.