Re: [OM] LED-2 light [was How to photograph the eye]

Subject: Re: [OM] LED-2 light [was How to photograph the eye]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:12:11 -0400
Thanks for the data. 5600ºK is good. Very close to the T flashes that are 5800°K except for the little T18 which is also 5600°K.

Chuck Norcutt

On 8/17/2014 2:23 AM, Moose wrote:
On 8/13/2014 7:45 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
I have one of the LED-2 lights and there is a switch on each side for
off-L-H for high and low light.

      Can you determine if the light from them has the correct colour
balance for daylight?  Photographing a dead white object and then
viewing the histogram should tell, even though they state that one is
white and the other "warm".  This looks like a desireable accessory
for wildflower photography, and colour balance is a consideration.

My LED-2 arrived today. The package claims 5600ºK light output.

To confirm the above and an earlier post, the arms are 25 cm, almost 10"
from center of the flash shoe to tips, and each one is individually
adjustable to two brightness settings.

Dual Lit Moose