Re: [OM] How to photograph the eye

Subject: Re: [OM] How to photograph the eye
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:54:07 -0400
At 8/15/2014 11:46 AM, Ken wrote:
>The big problem in photographing the eye is reflections. Obviously,
>just the reflection of the light source in the surface of the eye. But
>if the lightsource is too on-axis, you get a lot of reflection off of
>the retina itself.

I have not followed the whole thread but if reflection is the issue
then cross-polarization is the way I have dealt with it in the past.
Namely the light source is polarized one way, and the lens polarizer
is 90 degrees (cross) from that, which will eliminate reflections.
The downside is that it reduces the light a lot so proper metering
is important.

Wayne S