Re: [OM] IMG: going back to 1983

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: going back to 1983
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:11:27 -0500
> I think that is a HEALTHY development... ...One change I noted was that there
> were a lot of bike paths now.

Well, the bicycles have always been around since campuses grew larger
than the ability to get around as quickly as needed. While 20 years
ago, there was a lot of parking throughout the campus grounds, people
didn't use the cars to move a few hundred yards. Parking has always
been a precious commodity.

What HAS happened is an additional hardship on those who need cars to
get to work (yes, some students actually work while attending school)
or home. Most colleges and universities aren't located next to a
subway stop.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx