Re: [OM] IMG: going back to 1983

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: going back to 1983
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:22:11 -0700
On 8/12/2014 7:21 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Buffalo is a city with special significance for me. It was here that I met my wife back in
1979, and we lived in the Allentown neighbourhood during the first year of our marriage,
1983-84. So it is a delicious irony that our son now lives here. We are visiting him right
now, and yesterday we drove to “our” old neighbourhood to see the old places.
The apartment building where we lived and the bar on Elmwood Avenue where we used to go for
cheap wings and cheap beer (the only entertainment we could affort back then) are still
there. A few nostalgic pictures are here:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/buffalo/

USA garlic a big deal? Gilroy, not far south of San Jose, likes to consider itself the Garlic Capital, in typical US fashion. As far as I know, all the regular garlic in local stores is NorCal garlic. I don't know about the Elephant garlic and other specialty kinds.

As I've lived in the same town all my life, I've watched the little changes add
up over the years.

I will add more as we explore places such as the Amherst campus of the State
University of New York at Buffalo, the place where we actually met 35 years ago.

Much of the Berkeley campus is the same. Mostly, they've squeezed more/larger
buildings in and squeezed open space down.

Memories of Moose