Re: [OM] Broken mac was Re: Somewhat OT: Computer Clock Management

Subject: Re: [OM] Broken mac was Re: Somewhat OT: Computer Clock Management
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 15:48:51 +0200
Thanks Chris, I am hoping that I can resurrect the old one as I really don't want to spend the money this year unless absolutely necessary - I must get around to selling some gear!. Just in case the worst should happen though (I can't be without a laptop for long) I have just called in at the local supermarket that had one on display and when actually using it the new retina display does seem much better, its only when it is showing black that you really see reflections so maybe I could live with it after all. As a bonus now I am shooting almost exclusively fuji the inbuilt sdhc reader slot will be a welcome addition.

The 1TB SSD is quite expensive but it means I would need to only carry the laptop rather than the laptop and two external drives (backup), I will have to weigh up the cost versus inconvenience.

IanW