Re: [OM] Attn: Grammar Police

Subject: Re: [OM] Attn: Grammar Police
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:43:18 +0100
Most definitely, Jez.  But perhaps we can add to the agenda the correct placing
of adverbs such as 'only'.

For instance, replace, "I only like blondes," with, "I like only blondes."
Because the adverb applies to the object of the verb not to the verb itself.

The Oxford comma?  You mean that superfluous comma at the end of a list and
before the 'and'?  It should have been smothered at birth ;-)

Chris